This written statement to the 25th session of the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) provides an overview of developments in the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, the Universal Periodic Review and the General Assembly since the holding of the HRC Panel on Children of parents sentenced to the death or executed. It recommends, among other things, prompt implementation of the recommendation for a UN expert seminar on the issue, and that moratoria extend to the imposition of death sentences, in addition to executions, and are accompanied by commutation of all existing death sentences.
- Oral statement by FWCC to the 25th session of the Human Rights Council: Violence experienced by Children of Parents Sentenced to Death or Executed
- Children of Parents Sentenced to Death or Executed: How are they affected? How can they be supported
- Lightening the Load of the Parental Death Sentence on Children
- Briefing Paper: Children of Parents Sentenced to Death
- Report: Children of Parents Sentenced to Death